As a Dementia Ambassador, it’s important you have the support of your employer, for example with protected time to use this guide to enhance your learning. You may also wish to seek dedicated time to facilitate dementia learning with your colleagues and others. If you have any questions you should discuss these with your line manager.
To become or continue as a Dementia Ambassador, it’s expected that you are working at Dementia Skilled level. This guide provides information and links to learning at the skilled level of the framework. You can click on the Dementia Skilled resource modules below to learn more or refresh your knowledge.
- Module 1. Understanding Dementia (PDF)
- Module 2. Promoting Person and family centred care and community connections (PDF)
- Module 3. Promoting health and wellbeing for people with dementia (PDF)
- Module 4. Meeting the needs of the person with dementia who is distressed (PDF)
- Module 5. Supporting and protecting people’s rights (PDF)
Guidance to accompany Dementia Skilled – Improving Practice sets out how to capture your learning from the Dementia Skilled resource to use towards an SVQ Social Services, HNC and in relation to the Standards in Social Work Education.